The Scholarship Committee is devoted to ensuring young people succeed academically in higher education. This includes ensuring that students have access to financial resources they need to obtain a college education. The chapter offers as many scholarships as available based on fundraising efforts.
Scholarships are made available to students attending a public, private or parochial high school within the Greater Lansing area. To be eligible to receive an award, recipients should have at least a 2.75 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale), be a citizen of the United States, and be a Black/African-American female.
Application requirements are as follows:
- Completed and signed application w/ photo
- An official, signed high-school transcript
- Letter of acceptance to a college or other educational institution
- Two letters of recommendation
- An essay explaining why the scholarship should be received
- Signed photo release form and a recent photo
Completed application packets must include all of the required materials in a single envelope. Packets must be postmarked or electronically submitted by Friday, February 21, 2020
Please mail or e-mail your packets to:
ATTN: Mrs. Lisa Brewer, Scholarship Committee
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Lansing Alumnae Chapter
P.O. Box 27491
Lansing, MI 48909